just some stats

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Eve of Christmas Eve

Can you smell it?  The Christmas trees, the hot chocolate, the pepper spray; it's truly Christmas time.  Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go off on a completely different subject for the rest of the post.

Well, I'm done with final exams and school is over!  Now I can tell all of you what I've been doing the past couple of weekends.  

Every year on the first two weekends of December, I go Classics on Main (picture above for those who cannot make these connections).  During these first two weekends, all the shops that are on Main street are also open and everyone goes out and buys stuff.  There's no better way to explain the meaning of Christmas.  Of course with the drought going on in this area, some of the deer that you would see slurping the beautiful river are headless, all bones, and played with by my little brother.  Once again, merry Christmas.

At Classics, I have the opportunity to play my guitar for all of the people that come into the store!  I don't rock out, but I do have a collection of Christmas songs and other classical compositions (the 2nd best thing!).  Of course there's more of a motive than just "playing to make people happy" (who do you think I am?!).  I always set out a hat where people can put money in, and give them the puppy face.  

Of course I am joking (that's a first) about the whole "get rich quick" scheme.  Playing Christmas music for all the rich "art loving" elderly people is a great way to share my gift with the town.  Unfortunately I could only attend the Christmas Stroll for one of the two weekends, but I still ended up making about $250.  Now I can feed myself for 8 months and 10 days off of McDonald's $1 menu.

Anyways, I want to wish everyone a Merry Eve of Christmas Eve.  For those of you who live under caves, Eve of Christmas Eve (or Evemas as it's more commonly known) was established today by me.  On this joyful holiday, which comes only once a year, it's tradition to drink hard cider (just put apple juice in the freezer) and eat sour cream donuts.  Children wake up early on this joyous holiday and wrap all of their presents under the tree with bright wrapping paper and wide eyes so that they can open them on Christmas day!  Instead of Santa Clause, parents tell their children about a multi-religious character "the headless Nut Cracker" that will give them prunes (because those don't turn into diamonds) if they don't wrap their presents fast enough.

On blog news, I want to thank everyone (my parents) for giving me over 2,000 views (o.k, maybe just me). I remember when I started this blog WAAAY back in March of 2008, oh how young I was.  And 2,000 views later, I'm still alive.  I'm as surprised as you are.  Also, I want to say thank you to all five of my followers (once again, my family) and for everyone else:  You will get prunes on Christmas (unless you follow the blog...).

Now the bad news: I do not have either one of my movies to show you guys.  Of course this is the "Holiday" post, so I put, I mean Santa Clause put something together for you all.



Thanks for throwing away five minutes of your life to look at mine.

If you have any suggestions for the blog, open your window and yell them out loud.  If you're lucky, I just might hear you.

-T-Dawg




































No comments: